Environment & Energy Committee
The purpose of the Environment & Energy Committee is to develop industry-wide consensus and leadership positions on a wide range of issues important to engineering firms operating in energy, water and other environmental markets; undertake a proactive legislative and regulatory advocacy program; develop public and private market programs of interest to the membership; and communicate with the ACEC membership on environmental and energy issues that affect their businesses.
- Increase ACEC's visibility on the Hill on environmental and energy issues.
- Promote passage of a comprehensive energy policy and legislation.
- Promote passage of a new WRDA bill and other initiatives to fund water infrastructure.
- Promote a national energy infrastructure agenda.
- Promote ACEC interests in legislation and environmental regulation related to climate change, clean energy, and sustainability.
- Collaborate with other associations and client organizations to promote ACEC's water, environmental and energy agenda; and support PR efforts to promote the benefits of infrastructure investment.
- Collaborate with ACEC coalitions, committees and state Member Organizations to address relevant legislation, regulations, and issues of joint concern within public and private markets.
- Engage federal agencies (e.g., EPA, DOE) on Superfund and other hazardous waste issues, critical infrastructure protection and resiliency, funding for water infrastructure, and other industry priorities.
- When considering support of legislation and policies, assess appropriate balance of resource utilization and protection.
- Advocate for actions to preserve certainty of the permitting process (e.g., NEPA).
View Committee Roster
For more information:
Director of Environmental and Energy Programs
Click the video above to learn why ACEC Business Education will help your firm thrive.
FULL CALENDAR >
Fundamental Elements for a Financially Sustainable Ownership Program
May 23, 2017
1:30-62:30 pm (ET)
Register Today >
Compensation and Labor Accounting—Back to the Basics
May 31, 2017
1:30-2:30 pm (ET)
Register Today >
Public-Private Partnerships and Design-Build: Opportunities and Risks for Consulting Engineers
Updated for 2017, the book provides new industry information and experience on P3 and Design-Build approaches, and offers timely recommendations about the rewards, challenges, and risk exposures for engineering firms looking to succeed in today's still evolving project work environment. Details
2017 Bundle of Salary Surveys of Engineering Firms (ZweigWhite)
The 2017 Engineering Firm Salary Surveys are the most up-to-date and comprehensive compensation survey reports for engineering firms operating in each region of the U.S. Details
ACEC's Trust Programs are designed to enhance your membership investment by helping to control your firm's costs. More Info