Contract Documents Committee
The purpose of the Contract Documents Committee is to develop model contracts that protect the business and professional engineering interests of ACEC members; consider recommendations for amended or new engineering model contracts; and participate in EJCDC contract development.
- Revise and update, at appropriate intervals and as may be necessary, EJCDC standard contract documents families for Construction, Engineering, Procurement, Design-Build, P3, and others to meet ACEC membership needs.
- Complete and publish EJCDC’s new Construction Manager as Advisor (CMa) Series of documents and the updated, expanded edition of the Commentary .on the EJCDC Procurement Documents.
- Continue development, for probable publication in 2021, a new Construction Manager at Risk (CMAR) Series of documents, and two new P3-Series documents.
- Assist ACEC in promoting the use of standard contract documents, especially EJCDC documents, by federal, state, and municipal public owners through educational activities such as webinars and seminars, and via articles for appropriate professional organizations and entities, as appropriate.
- Continue to monitor industry trends and needs, and develop strategies for managing such needs via modified language in EJCDC documents and development of new EJCDC new documents, as deemed appropriate by EJCDC and the Joint Administrative Group (JAG).
- Assist in coordinating EJCDC initiatives with others, such as EJCDC’s sponsoring organizations, EJCDC’s liaison organizations, the American Institute of Architects, and other professional organizations as appropriate.
- Work closely with ACEC’s Legal Counsel Forum, the ACEC Risk Management Committee, and other ACEC groups as appropriate to identify emerging issues of concern to ACEC member firms and the consulting engineering community at large, such as the standard of care, indemnification, warranty of professional services, engineers’ responsibilities in alternative project delivery methods, and others, and assist in jointly determining, with other ACEC committees, appropriate positions for ACEC and the consulting engineering community at large.
- The ACEC Contract Documents Committee and EJCDC are not responsible for ACEC’s Coalition of American Structural Engineers’ (CASE) standard contract documents or their promotion.
View Committee Roster
Click the video above to learn why ACEC Business Education will help your firm thrive.
FULL CALENDAR >
Capture Planning for the Win
Capture Planning for the Win is a step-by-step, scalable capture and pursuit management guide that will help you evaluate and improve your firm’s business development capabilities.Details
2019 Salary Survey of Engineering Firms (ZweigWhite)
The ZweigWhite 2019 Engineering Firm Salary Survey is the most up-to-date and comprehensive compensation survey report for engineering firms operating in every region of the U.S. Details
ACEC's Trust Programs are designed to enhance your membership investment by helping to control your firm's costs. More Info