Government Advocacy Coordinating Committee
The committee provides advocacy direction and guidance for the development of the governmental affairs programs of the Council; provides oversight of all governmental affairs committees to maximize effective efforts and to ensure consistency of positions.
- Oversee the effective implementation of the ACEC 2020-2021 legislative agenda.
- Work with the Administration and the new Congress to promote passage of major infrastructure legislation that includes provisions for sustainable and growing public investment, as well as incentives for private investment; support passage of a FAST Act reauthorization bill, WRDA and related water infrastructure initiatives, as well as funding for critical infrastructure accounts in the ongoing budget and appropriations process.
- Identify and promote adoption of regulatory reform measures to benefit the engineering industry.
- Support the communications department to develop initiatives that build the profile of ACEC and support the organization’s advocacy agenda.
- Carry out an effective international agenda to expand market opportunities abroad.
- Develop and implement an aggressive energy, industrial and private client- oriented agenda.
- Achieve PAC fundraising goals and maintain $1 million/year pace.
- Review ACEC Congressional Scorecard for 2020-2021 to ensure that it reflects the key issues affecting the industry.
- Defend engineering industry priorities in the implementation of the 2017 tax reform law, as well as specific issues impacting firms (such as use of the R&D tax credit and tax incentives to promote the design of energy efficient buildings).
View Committee Roster
Government Advocacy Coordinating Committee Community
Click the video above to learn why ACEC Business Education will help your firm thrive.
FULL CALENDAR >
Capture Planning for the Win
Capture Planning for the Win is a step-by-step, scalable capture and pursuit management guide that will help you evaluate and improve your firm’s business development capabilities.Details
2019 Salary Survey of Engineering Firms (ZweigWhite)
The ZweigWhite 2019 Engineering Firm Salary Survey is the most up-to-date and comprehensive compensation survey report for engineering firms operating in every region of the U.S. Details
ACEC's Trust Programs are designed to enhance your membership investment by helping to control your firm's costs. More Info