Micah has more than 20 years of experience as a certified planning professional, having worked in both the public and private sectors throughout his career. In 2004, he graduated with a Master’s Degree in Urban and Regional Planning from the University of Tennessee, Knoxville. He has worked for the Knoxville/Knox County, Tennessee Metropolitan Planning Commission; the State of Tennessee Local Planning Assistance Office; the City of Franklin, Tennessee; the City of Columbia, Tennessee; Volkert Inc.; and the Town of Thompson’s Station, Tennessee as a planner with progressive levels of duties and responsibilities. He is a member of APA and AICP. He is currently the Planning Director and supervisors the Department of Community Development in Thompson’s Station, Tennessee.
Micah provides extensive experience in all aspects of urban and regional planning- from floodplain management, to NEPA and environmental planning, to historic preservation, to parks planning and programming, to development review, and comprehensive planning. He offers wide-ranging expertise in forming land use and community development policies for communities of a variety of sizes and then shaping those policies into regulatory measures. Additionally, he provides a depth of knowledge of current development review and process, as it relates to Zoning Ordinances, Subdivision Regulations, and Architectural Design Review Standards. Micah has also provided testimony as a Land Use and Zoning Expert Witness in Federal Court.
During his career, he has won the following awards:
- 2019 Grand Award Winner Connect Columbia, American Council of Engineering companies of Tennessee (ACEC TN)
- 2018 Outstanding Plan Connect Columbia, Tennessee Chapter of the American Planning Association (TAPA)
- 2018 Outstanding Implementation Tool Connect Columbia Access Management Ordinance, Tennessee Chapter of the American Planning Association (TAPA)
- 2016 Outstanding Plan Spring Hill Bicycle and Greenways Plan, Tennessee Chapter of the American Planning Association (TAPA)
- 2009 Outstanding Implementation Tool Franklin Zoning Ordinance, Tennessee Chapter of the American Planning Association (TAPA)