Tax and Regulatory Affairs Committee
The purpose of the Committee is to undertake a proactive legislative and regulatory advocacy program in the areas of tax, finance, employment policy, and other regulatory areas on behalf of ACEC member firms.
- Identify and analyze tax, finance, and employment-related legislative and regulatory issues of concern to A/E firms; confer with ACEC members to determine the Council’s position; and make appropriate recommendations to policy makers and regulatory authorities.
- Advance priority legislative issues, including tax reform, preservation of cash accounting for A/E firms, S corporation reforms, promotion of ESOPs, health care reform, and liability protections for emergency responders.
- Advocate the interests of ACEC member firms with the Department of Treasury, the IRS, the Department of Labor, the Securities and Exchange Commission, the Financial Accounting Standards Board, and other agencies as appropriate, on issues including implementation of the health care reform law, the SEC’s proposed municipal advisor registration rule, and changes to accounting standards.
- Work with Congress and other ACEC Committees to develop reform solutions that would reduce the regulatory burdens imposed on engineering firms by the federal government.
- Maintain strong liaison with ACEC’s Finance Forum, HR Forum, Legal Counsel Forum, and CFO Council.
View Committee Roster
Tax and Regulatory Committee Community
For more information:
Director of Tax and Regulatory Affairs
Click the video above to learn why ACEC Business Education will help your firm thrive.
FULL CALENDAR >
Fundamental Elements for a Financially Sustainable Ownership Program
May 23, 2017
1:30-62:30 pm (ET)
Register Today >
Compensation and Labor Accounting—Back to the Basics
May 31, 2017
1:30-2:30 pm (ET)
Register Today >
Public-Private Partnerships and Design-Build: Opportunities and Risks for Consulting Engineers
Updated for 2017, the book provides new industry information and experience on P3 and Design-Build approaches, and offers timely recommendations about the rewards, challenges, and risk exposures for engineering firms looking to succeed in today's still evolving project work environment. Details
2017 Bundle of Salary Surveys of Engineering Firms (ZweigWhite)
The 2017 Engineering Firm Salary Surveys are the most up-to-date and comprehensive compensation survey reports for engineering firms operating in each region of the U.S. Details
ACEC's Trust Programs are designed to enhance your membership investment by helping to control your firm's costs. More Info