The purpose of this Open Committee is to develop and monitor ACEC’s curriculum and provide guidance to assure that the business practice and continuing education needs of ACEC member firms are being met.
- Advance ACEC's educational and business practice programs as the premier resources for the engineering industry.
- Provide input on educational content, instructors, and learning formats for all instructional programs offered through the National Council and M.O.s.
- Monitor developments concerning professional licensure issues specifically those related to NCEES’ Education Committee recommendations that have potential impact on ACEC member firm businesses.
- Ensure that professional forums and coalitions are receiving educational programming that meets member needs.
- Reach out to M.O.s without leadership programs and discuss how the National Council can help implement the leadership program that BRE has developed.
- Provide input, recommendations, and review of an enhanced Young Professional (YP) program. Determine how best to provide resources to M.O.s that have no YP program.
- Provide recommendations on how SEI alumni can be more engaged in national conventions, Committees, etc.