WHO WE ARE
Rapid change, competitive pressures, and tremendous advancements in technology and software are changing the way professional surveyors do business. The Coalition of Professional Surveyors (COPS) represents professional surveying/geospatial firms looking to strengthen the industry image and business environment by advancing quality professional geospatial services – turning challenges into opportunities.
WHAT WE DO
COPS helps members create, maintain, and transform their survey component into a healthy, bottom line revenue producer. COPS maintains established relationships with both National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (NCEES) and National Society of Professional Surveyors (NSPS) and represents surveying issues on ACEC’s outreach and advocacy agenda.
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN
Informative education sessions tailored to the unique needs of surveying firms – as well as an influential national network of industry leaders and peers – will help to keep you up to date and knowledgeable.
MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS• Education sessions and materials specifically tailored to surveying firms
• Business practice documents focused on managing and reducing your risk
• Issue advocacy with Coalition to Save our GPS
• An invaluable network of surveying and geospatial engineering professionals with vast knowledge and experience to uncover new business opportunities, as well as the ability to troubleshoot issues and share best practices
• Quarterly meetings to share information and ideas
• Information sharing forums at the ACEC Annual Convention and Fall Conference
• Ability to connect with COPS members online through the COPS LinkedIn group
• Free, 24/7 access to the Seven Baselines of Business Practices – our valuable flagship publication