The 2018 EJCDC Construction Series: Significant Changes, Key Clauses, & the Interrelationship Between Documents
Thursday, April 11, 2019 1:30 PM - 2:30 PM (Eastern Time (US & Canada))
>> Live 10-Pack purchaser? Head to the ACEC Bookstore and click to redeem!
This online class carries 1.0 PDH (Professional Development Hour).
Curriculum Track: Marketing & Business Development
Member Organization: National Events
Faculty: Hugh Anderson, EJCDC Legal Counsel
>> Nearly all ACEC online classes are recorded for our on-demand library. Purchase now to view later!
In September 2018, the Engineers Joint Contract Documents Committee (EJCDC) published its 2018 Construction Series Documents, including EJCDC® C-700 (2018), Standard General Conditions of the Construction Contract. New features of the 2018 Construction Series include:
- Requirements for substantiating delay claims
- An optional clause for objectively analyzing weather delay impacts
- Improved and expanded insurance requirements
- Fortification of the liquidated damages clause
- Clarification of the process for the owner’s delegation of specified design duties to the contractor
- Extension of the standard correction period
- Anew warranty bond
- Refinements of the site conditions clauses.
Join EJCDC' legal counsel Hugh Anderson to review these changes to the 2018 Construction Series as well as:
- Learn about significant changes made to the EJCDC Construction Series documents in the new 2018 edition
- Understand the scope of the EJCDC Construction Series, and the interrelationship of key documents
- Examine in detail key clauses in EJCDC C-700, Standard General Conditions of the Construction Contract, and the underlying reasons for changes to these clauses
ACEC Members: $179
Click here for the faxable registration form
>> Click here to register.