Tax and Regulatory Affairs Committee
The purpose of the Committee is to undertake a proactive legislative and regulatory advocacy program in the areas of tax, finance, employment policy, and other regulatory areas on behalf of ACEC member firms.
- Identify and analyze tax, finance, and employment-related legislative and regulatory issues of concern to A/E firms; confer with ACEC members to determine the Council’s position; and make appropriate recommendations to policy makers and regulatory authorities.
- Advance priority legislative issues, including maintaining balanced and competitive tax rates for firms of all business structures as Congress considers business tax increases to finance infrastructure and other priorities, tax extenders, preservation of cash accounting for A/E firms, S corporation reforms, promotion of ESOPs, employer-provided health care policy, and employment-based immigration policy.
- Advocate the interests of ACEC member firms with the Department of Treasury, the IRS, the Department of Labor and other agencies as appropriate, on issues including implementation of the tax reform law, revisions to FLSA overtime pay requirements, and appropriate implementation of employment-based immigration policy.
- Work with Congress and other ACEC Committees to develop reform solutions that would reduce the regulatory burdens imposed on engineering firms by the federal government.
- Maintain strong liaison with ACEC’s Finance Forum, HR Forum, Risk Management Committee and Legal Counsel Forum.
View Committee Roster
Tax and Regulatory Committee Community
For more information:
Vice President, Tax and Regulatory Affairs
American Council of Engineering Companies
Click the video above to learn why ACEC Business Education will help your firm thrive.
FULL CALENDAR >
Capture Planning for the Win
Capture Planning for the Win is a step-by-step, scalable capture and pursuit management guide that will help you evaluate and improve your firm’s business development capabilities.Details
2019 Salary Survey of Engineering Firms (ZweigWhite)
The ZweigWhite 2019 Engineering Firm Salary Survey is the most up-to-date and comprehensive compensation survey report for engineering firms operating in every region of the U.S. Details
ACEC's Trust Programs are designed to enhance your membership investment by helping to control your firm's costs. More Info