Federal Agencies & Procurement Advocacy Committee
The purpose of the Committee is to undertake advocacy efforts with Congress and federal agencies to promote the interests of ACEC members engaged in contracting with the federal government.
- Expand ACEC’s engagement with federal agencies to promote industry legislative and regulatory priorities.
- Promote enhanced funding and financing programs to support the federal marketplace, including policies to encourage federal P3 and lump sum contracting.
- Establish and/or maintain communications and partnering agreements as appropriate with federal agencies covering procurement, contracting and best practices.
- Pursue liability mitigation legislation and regulatory actions.
- Promote the use of QBS at all governmental levels, challenge attempts to limit or weaken its use, and work with related associations with common goals.
- Propose, review, comment, or otherwise appropriately react to federal legislation, regulations, procedures and documents affecting design and construction, to enhance or protect the industry.
- Develop a simplified task order process on A/E IDIQ multi-award contracts; and revise the Design Excellence Program (of OBO and GSA) to regain the lead position for engineers.
View Committee Roster
For more information:
Director of Federal Agencies and International Programs
Click the video above to learn why ACEC Business Education will help your firm thrive.
FULL CALENDAR >
Fundamental Elements for a Financially Sustainable Ownership Program
May 23, 2017
1:30-62:30 pm (ET)
Register Today >
Compensation and Labor Accounting—Back to the Basics
May 31, 2017
1:30-2:30 pm (ET)
Register Today >
Public-Private Partnerships and Design-Build: Opportunities and Risks for Consulting Engineers
Updated for 2017, the book provides new industry information and experience on P3 and Design-Build approaches, and offers timely recommendations about the rewards, challenges, and risk exposures for engineering firms looking to succeed in today's still evolving project work environment. Details
2017 Bundle of Salary Surveys of Engineering Firms (ZweigWhite)
The 2017 Engineering Firm Salary Surveys are the most up-to-date and comprehensive compensation survey reports for engineering firms operating in each region of the U.S. Details
ACEC's Trust Programs are designed to enhance your membership investment by helping to control your firm's costs. More Info