The purpose of the committee is to promote responsible legislation and regulations on transportation infrastructure issues, including highways, railroads, aviation, and mass transit; and develop and recommend Council positions before Congress, the Executive and State agencies.
- Oversee successful implementation of the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act and promote industry priorities in federal regulatory actions.
- Disseminate information and collaborate with ACEC Member Organizations and member firms on key grant opportunities, funding decisions, and new program developments under the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act.
- Work with AASHTO and FHWA on revisions to the Uniform Audit and Accounting Guide; promote uniform FAR compliance, clear guidance on executive compensation, and elimination of arbitrary overhead and salary caps in every state.
- Defeat efforts to restrict outsourcing by state DOTs and promote/strengthen outsourcing provisions in legislation and program guidance.
- Promote ACEC Research Institute findings and recommendations for best practices on projects utilizing alternative project financing and delivery, including P3s, design-build, and CMGC, in the transportation sector.
- Monitor impact and advocate industry priorities in emerging practices and technologies, including unmanned aircraft systems, 3D modeling, connected/automated vehicles, sustainability and practical design standards.
- Utilize ACEC alliances with other transportation and infrastructure organizations to advance ACEC priorities.
View Committee Roster
Transportation Committee Community
For more information:
Vice President of Infrastructure Programs
American Council of Engineering Companies
Click the video above to learn why ACEC Business Education will help your firm thrive.
FULL CALENDAR >
Capture Planning for the Win
Capture Planning for the Win is a step-by-step, scalable capture and pursuit management guide that will help you evaluate and improve your firm’s business development capabilities.Details
2019 Salary Survey of Engineering Firms (ZweigWhite)
The ZweigWhite 2019 Engineering Firm Salary Survey is the most up-to-date and comprehensive compensation survey report for engineering firms operating in every region of the U.S. Details
ACEC's Trust Programs are designed to enhance your membership investment by helping to control your firm's costs. More Info