The Transportation Committee promotes responsible legislation and regulations on transportation infrastructure issues, including highways, railroads, aviation, and mass transit; and develops and recommends Council positions before Congress, the Executive and State agencies. The committee meets twice per year at the ACEC Annual Convention and Fall Conference, with additional communication through emails and occasional conference calls.
- Promote long-term, sustainable revenue sources for transportation programs, including increasing federal fuel taxes and expanded tolling authority.
- Work with AASHTO and FHWA to press for the implementation of the revised Uniform Audit and Accounting Guide; promote uniform FAR compliance, clear guidance on executive compensation, and elimination of arbitrary overhead and salary caps in every state.
- Defeat efforts to restrict outsourcing by state DOTs and promote/strengthen outsourcing provisions in legislation and program guidance.
- Oversee successful implementation of the FAST Act, including regulatory actions to streamline project delivery, develop and integrate performance-based measures into planning and programming, and grants for states to study mileage-based user fees and other alternative revenue mechanisms.
- Collect and disseminate best practices and legislative recommendations to promote successful outcomes for member firms on public-private partnerships and design-build projects in the transportation sector.
- Monitor impact and advocate industry priorities in emerging practices and technologies, including unmanned aircraft systems, 3D modeling, connected/automated vehicles, sustainability and practical design standards.
- Utilize ACEC alliances with other transportation and infrastructure organizations to advance ACEC priorities.
View Committee Roster
Transportation Committee Community
For more information:
Director of Transportation Programs
Click the video above to learn why ACEC Business Education will help your firm thrive.
FULL CALENDAR >
Capture Planning for the Win
Capture Planning for the Win is a step-by-step, scalable capture and pursuit management guide that will help you evaluate and improve your firm’s business development capabilities.Details
2019 Salary Survey of Engineering Firms (ZweigWhite)
The ZweigWhite 2019 Engineering Firm Salary Survey is the most up-to-date and comprehensive compensation survey report for engineering firms operating in every region of the U.S. Details
ACEC's Trust Programs are designed to enhance your membership investment by helping to control your firm's costs. More Info