The Transportation Committee promotes responsible legislation and regulations on transportation infrastructure issues, including highways, railroads, aviation, and mass transit; and develops and recommends Council positions before Congress, the Executive and State agencies. The committee meets twice per year at the ACEC Annual Convention and Fall Conference, with additional communication through emails and occasional conference calls.
- Promote long-term, sustainable revenue sources for transportation programs, including increasing federal fuel taxes.
- Promote long-term FAA reauthorization bill that increases airport funding through the Airport Improvement Program and raises the cap on Passenger Facility Charges, applies QBS to PFC-funded projects, and advances the utilization of unmanned aircraft systems by engineering firms.
- Work with AASHTO and FHWA to press for the implementation of the revised Uniform Audit and Accounting Guide; promote uniform FAR compliance, clear guidance on executive compensation, and elimination of arbitrary overhead and salary caps in every state.
- Defeat efforts to restrict outsourcing by state DOTs and promote/strengthen outsourcing provisions in legislation and program guidance.
- Oversee successful implementation of the FAST Act, including regulatory actions to streamline project delivery, develop and integrate performance-based measures into planning and programming, and grants for states to study mileage-based user fees and other alternative revenue mechanisms.
- Collect and disseminate best practices and legislative recommendations to promote successful outcomes for member firms on public-private partnerships and design-build projects in the transportation sector.
- Monitor impact and advocate industry priorities in emerging practices and technologies, including unmanned aircraft systems, 3D modeling, connected/automated vehicles, sustainability and practical design standards.
- Utilize ACEC alliances with other transportation and infrastructure organizations to ad-vance ACEC priorities.
View Committee Roster
Transportation Committee Community
For more information:
Director of Transportation Programs
Click the video above to learn why ACEC Business Education will help your firm thrive.
FULL CALENDAR >
Taking Stock of the Engineering Industry in 2018 - The Economic and Market Trends Shaping the Industry
July 11, 2018
1:30-3:00 pm (ET)
Register Today >
Up, Up and Away - M&A Trends, Tactics, and Outlook for Engineering Firms
July 18, 2018
1:30-3:00 pm (ET)
Register Today >
Public-Private Partnerships and Design-Build: Opportunities and Risks for Consulting Engineers
Public-Private Partnerships and Design-Build: Opportunities and Risks for Consulting Engineers provides new industry information and experience on P3 and Design-Build approaches, and offers timely recommendations about the rewards, challenges, and risk exposures for engineering firms looking to succeed in today's still evolving project work environment.Details
2018 Bundle of Salary Surveys of Engineering Firms (ZweigWhite)
The 2018 Engineering Firm Salary Surveys are the most up-to-date and comprehensive compensation survey reports for engineering firms operating in each region of the U.S. Details
ACEC's Trust Programs are designed to enhance your membership investment by helping to control your firm's costs. More Info