Risk Management Committee
The purpose of the Risk Management Committee is to assist member companies and others in understanding and managing risk and, on their behalf, to advocate changes in legislation and regulation to properly control or allocate risk.
- Identify and take appropriate action on key risk management issues facing member firms.
- Advise on tort reform and other risk management legislation affecting the engineering industry.
- Coordinate committee activities with the professional liability insurance industry, the Contract Documents Committee, the Legal Counsel Forum, the Management Practices Committee, and NSPE Liability Committee.
- Provide input to other committees, especially the Government Advocacy Committee, on risk management issues for which timely legislative, judicial, or regulatory action may be taken.
- Conduct and improve ACEC’s Annual Professional Liability Insurance Survey of Member Firms and widely disseminate results.
- Conduct jointly with NSPE and the American Institute of Architects (AIA) the annual Professional Liability Insurance Survey of Carriers and widely disseminate results.
- Develop risk management materials, including an updated P3 white paper, that can be used effectively by members and promote the use of such materials through ACEC communications.
- Develop and maintain effective communications between the Committee and state Member Organization counterparts where they exist.
View Committee Roster
Click the video above to learn why ACEC Business Education will help your firm thrive.
FULL CALENDAR >
Fundamental Elements for a Financially Sustainable Ownership Program
May 23, 2017
1:30-62:30 pm (ET)
Register Today >
Compensation and Labor Accounting—Back to the Basics
May 31, 2017
1:30-2:30 pm (ET)
Register Today >
Public-Private Partnerships and Design-Build: Opportunities and Risks for Consulting Engineers
Updated for 2017, the book provides new industry information and experience on P3 and Design-Build approaches, and offers timely recommendations about the rewards, challenges, and risk exposures for engineering firms looking to succeed in today's still evolving project work environment. Details
2017 Bundle of Salary Surveys of Engineering Firms (ZweigWhite)
The 2017 Engineering Firm Salary Surveys are the most up-to-date and comprehensive compensation survey reports for engineering firms operating in each region of the U.S. Details
ACEC's Trust Programs are designed to enhance your membership investment by helping to control your firm's costs. More Info